Some call it bong, some call it hookah, some call it glass pipe or for some it is a weed pipe. Call it anything you want but at the base it a tool designed to make smoking more heavenly for all smokers.
Glass pipe is a tool designed to reach a new high point and get an instant, lasting hit. This pipe is getting popular among smokers across the globe for the comfort, style and hit kick it gives.
To put it simply, glass pipe is a percolator made up of glass. But designers and artist across the world are making fascinating creations out of this percolator to making smoking an experience worth having.
Let us see why glass pipe is favourable over other materials like bamboo or clay!
First of all, glass does not have any taste of its own. This help smoker to enjoy the real taste of the herbs they are using without any dilution. Plus glass is a bad conductor of heat and hence save its users from unnecessary burns while filling and sucking glass pipe.
Glass can be melted and moulded into any shapes and is durable (Glass pipe is made up of hard glass). By the way, these glass pipes come in different types, shapes and designs as I said earlier. But do you know that they are used for different purposes too like as Bubblers, Steamrollers, Chillums, Gandalf, Sherlock pipes and so on.
Enjoy this sensation of the smoking world and have a feel of art and herbs together.
It’s not just a bong, it’s a recreational device, folks! What is important over here is the fact that a bong has a special purpose. It has the purpose of acting out all of the fantasies of a mature group of smoking audience. It is also important that it should not be mistaken for something else, like a weed pipe, or any other instrument.
As compared to any other instrument like pipes or blunts, bongs offer the ‘coolest’ smoking experience, literally!
Different Types: It is essential to know that there exist highly creative people out there who are adept at developing different varieties of bongs. The different varieties include:
- Different styles, colors, shapes, sizes: Since the introduction of this tool, it has gone through a series of different modifications. We can also say that the bong has undergone a radical shift in the way it was developed and has gradually evolved. Different types serve different functionalities.
- Ice Bongs: These types are those that are made up of glass and the user puts an ice cube into the neck and it is held in place by a cork.
- Bubblers: Also known as ‘water bubblers’, these are very important, the reason being that they contain water and the smoke is made to pass through the water. The smoke as a result gets cooled and also produces a richer blend of variety.
- Acrylic Bongs: These are made out of acrylic material. It offers an easy cleaning and low cost option for first time buyers.
- Glass Bong: This type of bong is made out of glass, and being said, is malleable and reflects heat. Being made up of glass, it allows a person to not burn his/her lips or hands.
- Ceramic Bong: Wet clay is hardened by baking it. It is least popular because of the reason that it has a very small chamber for smoke to build up.
- Bucket Bong: This type uses water to create a constant vacuum. The smoke is made much denser, meaning that the chemicals are needed to be absorbed in a much denser amount.
- Slide Bongs: This type of bong is an instrument that makes the use of a sliding mechanism. The stem of such a bong is divided into two parts.
And the world of bongs does not stop here! It flowers on into a much more exciting world of magical recreation!
It is very important to know what a weed pipe is and the types of weed pipes. This is necessary for those people who are very much mature in their smoking habits. An important consideration is to never use a bowl made up of aluminum foil. The problem is that the aluminum burning causes smoke which is tremendously harmful for your lungs.
Now, let’s see the different types of weed pipes:
- Steamroller: A paper towel tube works best for this one. You can poke holes in the tube according to your convenience.
- Candy Pipe: This pipe is made out of stacks of fruit candy. A small pipe is poked through the stacks, the smoke is then smoked through them. It gives a fruity flavor to the smoke.
- Pen Pipe: This type of weed pipe is made out of pen. The weed is packed into the cone shaped metal lid which is inverted and placed on the pen body. Make sure that no plastic is burnt in the process.
- Apple Pipe: It is very important to know the use of fruits and natural vegetable/fruit matter in the formation of weed pipes. In such a pipe you can poke a hole through the top of the apple but not all the way through. You can put a hollow pen which will serve as the mouthpiece and the top of the apple will be your bowl.
- Chillum: This type of pipe is very important as it is very ancient. It is a conical pipe which involves an end-to-end channel. A pebble is often inserted in a chillum to prevent the user from directly inhaling debris. Many people of the Rastafarian movement use the chillum in modern day use.
- Hand Pipes: These are very common and useful in everyday life. Their advantages are that they are small, portable and easy to use. Hand pipes work by trapping smoke produced by burning cannabis and then inhaling it.
- One Time Hitters: These pipes are of the variety of giving only one-time hits. These pipes have room to fill just a little bit of cannabis. The advantages of these little tokes is that they can be stored and be kept anywhere with little to no effort.
- Sherlock Pipes: These are classical ‘out-of-the-novel’ type of pipes. These pipes are usually made out of wood and give the ‘classical’ look of the sleuth detective that is world famous!
The above list is not limited in any extent, and gives the different types of pipes in general. Although many more variations exist, these are the most basic ones.